DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission is to build the most trusted insights platform that fuels brand growth. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKRs to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture and infrastructure and we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
What you will do:
- Leverage your software development and data engineering skills to impact our business by taking ownership of key projects requiring coding and data pipelines
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers and data engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions.
- Define technical requirements and implementation details for data solutions
- Design, build and optimize performant databases, data models, integrations and ETL pipelines in RDBMS and NoSQL environments
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and supportcommitment to the customers
- Be an engaged participant and advocate of agile/scrum practices to ensure health and process improvements for your team
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering large scale, 24/7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- 3+ years of Scala
- 3+ years of Python
- 3+ years of Spark
- 2+ years of experience with AWS data ecosystem (Redshift, EMR, Glue, Athena, ...)
- Deep knowledge in various ETL/ELT tools and concepts, data modeling, SQL, query performance optimization
- Experience with building stream processing applications using Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.)
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- Ability to thrive in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
Note: The benefits noted above are for full time US based employees only.
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.