DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions and behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
DISQO’s first-party, transparent and privacy focused panel, SurveyJunkie, uniquely positions the company to excel in a data-privacy focused world and empowers us with an unrivaled data set to tackle the upcoming challenges faced by every brand in the world. This position is highly visible. You will present solutions to the executive team, influence our product roadmap, and shape the future of market research space.
Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in data exploration? We are looking for a Redshift Engineer to join our Data Science and Analytics team to innovate, tune queries and build data products. You will be heavily involved in Redshift performance improvement. Redshift Engineer at DISQO leads our efforts in developing scalable solutions to offer quality data to consumers.
What you will do:
- You will join a team of data scientists and data analysts to work on data quality, fraud detection, recommendation engine, ad measurement, causal inference, reinforcement learning to understand consumer needs based on our users behavior and attitudinal responses.
- You will work using the latest technologies, having access to a large volume of data in a company that data is a first class citizen. As a Data Engineer, Redshift you will collaborate with product managers, data analysts, data scientists and data engineers to deliver scalable solutions - implementing engineering best practices.
- Connect and consolidate data from multiple disparate data sources into Redshift
- Be the primary subject matter expert for everything Redshift related - supporting and coaching data analysts and data engineers on all aspects and capabilities of Redshift
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience designing and delivering large scale, 24/7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- 3+ years of experience with Redshift and a deep understanding of the AWS data ecosystem (SparkEMR, Glue, Athena, AppFlow, ...)
- Ability to thrive in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Advanced SQL coding, tuning and query optimization
- Possess excellent communication skills and experience working with external customers (both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Experience troubleshooting applications and system performance and complex, production issues
- Ability to tune databases based on explaining plans overall system behavior.
- Ability to tune complex workloads.Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Catered lunches 3x a week
·Onsite Fitness Program
·Discounted Gym Membership
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.