Senior Data Engineer, Marketing Intelligence at The Walt Disney Company
The MI team is a comprehensive, global engineering team consisting of software, data, and quality assurance engineers, focused on building and optimizing enterprise-level lifecycle marketing activities by leveraging massive customer data to drive multi-channel targeting strategies.
Our mission is to use data and machine learning to improve marketing efficacy and retention rate across the customer life cycle. We do this by delivering the right information, to the right users, at the right time, and through the right channels. In order to achieve this, we need to ensure that our data platform can provide scalable, real-time and highly-performant data capabilities through batch and streaming pipelines to enable intelligent marketing strategies and a deep understanding of our customers' behaviors.
- Work on large scale data processing and analysis to improve the efficacy of marketing strategies on the Disney Streaming's business.
- Develop, scale, and optimize the data pipelines and platform components to create a unified customer profile and enable analytics insights.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of data-engineering infrastructure.
- Champion engineering excellence, including software design patterns, code reviews and automated unit/functional testing.
- Continuously optimize service response time and address challenges such as improving service availability and scalability
- Collaborate with product & program managers, researchers, analysts and marketers in an open, creative, and agile environment.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience in object oriented Python/Scala
- Strong knowledge of systems/application design & architecture
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies such as Databricks, EMR, S3, Spark
- Experience deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, Kinesis, and Athena
- Experience with graph-based data workflows using tools such as Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing technology stacks, integrating with ML platforms, experimentation frameworks or full stack development is a plus
Required Education :
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field