Senior Data Engineer -Consumer Identity at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role as a Sr. Data Engineer (SDE III) - Data, you will be a highly contributing member of a core engineering team working to build the LivePerson Identity & Consumer Profile offering and expertly integrating it into the existing LivePerson offering. In this role, you will be exposed to new technologies and architectures, will work with Principal engineers and architects to design and execute new solutions, and will be responsible for mentoring more junior engineers and helping to guide their technical development. You must be a team player, motivated, ambitious and eager to grow through build and successful delivery of industry-shifting products.
In this role you will:
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on cloud platform (preferably GCP)
- Lead in the design and implementation of significant portions of the product and serve as a senior member of a high-performing software development team.
- Work closely with data scientists and business analysts
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Influence priorities and technical architecture when leading product discovery and execution for complex data projects, including discussing technical concepts, managing trade-offs, and evaluating new ideas
- Have the opportunity to learn modern technologies and architectures, including deep work with Conversational AI, and new product development.
- Work with Product Management and leadership to bring your engineering experience to the table and ideate new features and functionality
- Help to create reliable, scalable, high performance and uptime (99.999%) software solutions deployed in a public cloud environment using the latest software, automations and testing tools available.
Your qualifications are:
- 4+ years of experience in the data and consumer profile space (data collection, ingest, identity management, curation, distribution)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience building successful relational databases
- 2+ years in a senior data engineering or junior team lead positions
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and emerging principles
- Advocating and executing on automated testing strategies in all developed code and helping to ensure code quality and consistency for your team.
- Experience working on large scale deployments and performance tuning
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Background in traditional Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence stacks including:
- ETL: Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, Microsoft SSIS, IBM DataStage, etc
- MPP Databases: Cassandra/GCP BigTable, Snowflake, HP Vertica, Pivotal Greenplum, Cloudera Impala, Amazon Redshift/GCP BigQuery/Microsoft Cosmos DB
- Reporting: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Objects, TIBCO Spotfire, etc
- Stream processing: Kafka / Flink / Spark Streaming / Storm
- Relevant CRM/DMP/CDP platform experience or equivalent Customer Data Platform/Management (Custom CDP Solutions, SaaS CDP Solutions such as Tealium AudienceStream, Adobe AEP, Segment, Arm Treasure Data, BlueShift, SessionM, RedPoint, Evergage/Salesforce Interaction Studio etc.)
- Experience with data management, data transformation, ETL, preferably using cloud-based tools/infrastructure
- The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about new opportunities, and have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products.
- This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
- He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and knowledge of distributed systems architectures.
- Machine learning knowledge experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with technical & non-technical audiences & influence at different organizational levels.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits and flexible time off,. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.