Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
Highspot’s Data Platform crew lies under the Analytics pillar, aspires to build the central repository for all data at Highspot, handling the collection, cleansing, transformation, and application of data to generate various business insights with low-latency and reliability. We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth, which needs a scalable and low-latency big data platform to support all data use cases.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will bring creativity and experience to bear as they work collaboratively with a talented team on those opportunities and challenges.
Some of the tools we use or plan to use to build Highspot include Kafka, Spark, Flink, Java, Clojure, Hadoop, Ruby, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Kubernetes (but we don’t expect you to be expert in all of those).
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain an efficient, reliable and scalable big data platform to ingest and process data to provide various types of data and intuitive analytics to stakeholders.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Work closely with PM to design efficient models of large, complex datasets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Make data discoverable and accessible for Business Customers, Data Scientists and Analysts across the company.
- Partner cross-functionally across all of Highspot’s feature engineering crews, as well as with QA/DevOps/Site-Reliability.
- Proficiency in cloud computing, big data platforms / tools, and large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience building data streaming pipelines, as well as big data infrastructure in general.
- Experience with performance analysis and improvement in distributed systems.
- Programming experience using SQL, generating data analytics, and developing business insights.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with data visualization tools and software libraries.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals.
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools.
- Passion to learn new technologies and infrastructure.
This position is available either in-office or remote, as applicable, at the following locations:
- Arizona - Remote
- Arkansas - Remote
- California - Remote
- Connecticut - Remote
- Florida - Remote
- Georgia - Remote
- Idaho - Remote
- Illinois - Remote
- Maryland - Remote
- Massachusetts - Remote
- Michigan - Remote
- Minnesota - Remote
- Missouri - Remote
- New Hampshire - Remote
- New Jersey - Remote
- New York - Remote
- North Carolina - Remote
- Ohio - Remote
- Oregon - Remote
- Pennsylvania - Remote
- Texas - Remote
- Utah - Remote
- Virginia - Remote
- Washington - Remote
- Washington - Seattle
- Wisconsin - Remote
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Read through the requirements as a checklist and haven't ticked every box? Don't rule yourself out just yet. So if this role resonates with you, hit that apply button!