Senior Data & Cloud Architect (Remote) at Informa
IIRIS is a platform and suite of products designed to help us know, reach, and build better informed customer connections through insightful data gained through multiple interactions with Informa’s highly specialised communities. We are looking for a Product Leader to strengthen our team and build innovative new products to support data driven B2B marketing.Job Description
As a Senior Data and Cloud Architect, you will be part of a unit of highly skilled individuals that will deliver an ambitions cross-divisional data platform in the cloud.
You will primarily work as cloud and data solution architect, defining executable architectures and building reusable building blocks and frameworks to accelerate delivery.
You will have to develop a broad knowledge based on common cloud and data solutions and interact with delivery teams to design suitable solutions.
Candidates for the role are expected to have strong consulting experience, managing and delivering complex Architectures in consulting engagements, balancing conceptual thinking with pragmatic and hands-on delivery.
Our comprehensive data platform includes data lakes, APIs, data streaming, ETL, DWH, database components, analytics, data science tools, portals and widgets and other third-party SaaS solutions.Qualifications
- Being able to define and own complex architectures while guiding delivery teams and partners to deliver the building blocks and solutions in a pragmatic and iterative way.
- Architect, plan, provisioning of technology specifically to support data use cases and future evolution of the data platform
- Hands-on experience on designing modern cloud-based data-architectures, preferably based on AWS.
- Hands-on experience on delivering scalable and modern Customer Data Platforms, preferably based on Treasure Data or similar.
- Excellent understanding of enterprise data warehousing principles and ETL/ELT solutions.
- Experience working on or with API's for data delivery/ingestion, e.g. REST APIs, GrapQL, etc.
- Experience working on or with batch-based data delivery/ingestion paradigms, e.g. csv files, ODBC connections, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience on data management technologies and frameworks, preferably on Python, Airflow, AWS API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Good understanding of Lambda and Kappa Architecture patterns.
- SQL query skills. Hands-on experience with AWS Redshift, PostgreSQL and other database technologies.
- Ability to work and influence distributed delivery teams in a collaborative and inclusive way.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take days off to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law