Senior Data Analyst at J.D. Power (Remote)
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Remote Canada
Reports to Title: Manager, Strategy & Analytics
The objective of this role is to analyze and process automotive data (including traffic, sales, inventory, leads, incentives, digital advertising spend, campaign performance, etc.) by working closely with our partners to connect tactics to results and recommend future activities.
The ideal Senior Data Analyst is experienced in generating actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, forecasting, and identifying areas of growth and optimization using advanced analytical (modeling) and experimental approaches.
- Process the most complex and high-profile SQL queries and reports & dashboards in an extremely timely and accurate manner.
- Perform advanced diagnostic analyses to understand and explain trends and drivers of key marketing metrics to better the success of the program.
- Participate in data science projects aimed to improve conversion, traffic, and revenue as well as maintain and optimize lead and sales forecast models for the business.
- Meet accuracy, timeliness and completeness guidelines set by the department (which is driven by client demand) by prioritizing work assignments to maximize personal efficiency.
- Act as a positive Role Model for other members of the Data Analytics Department.
- Represent the content in a professional/consultative manner to other departments.
- This individual is considered a data “go to” person or subject matter expert (SME) for a department function, process or data subset
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in an Analytics centric role
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills required. Optimization of queries of high complexity in large datasets.
- Proficient in Business Intelligence tools, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
- Awareness of the wider Digital Marketing space, including paid search, SEO & general Digital Marketing strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Experience visualizing data to communicate analysis with stakeholder
- Self-motivated individual with a curious mindset with the ability to analyze complex/large datasets and distill findings into a compelling and concise story.
- Very high accuracy and attention to detail is required and must be demonstrated in decision making and entry of information
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For Internal Use - #LI-Remote #LI-SV1