Senior Data Analyst at CapTech (Charlotte, NC)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
CapTech’s Data Analysts work within a collaborative, team environment to help define and deliver innovative solutions to our clients. Data Analysts are passionate about technology and have a desire to solve our clients’ most complex business problems. They solve real work problems with smart, collaborative peers and leaders who are invested in their success.
Specific job responsibilities will vary by project role, but may include:
- Work with clients to gather data requirements by analyzing business processes, data, and systems
- Develop data collection systems, implement databases and analytics to optimize efficiency
- Design and document data transformations through source-to-target mappings
- Conduct data quality analysis and provide recommendations for effective quality assurance processes
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques that provide valuable insights
- Analyze, design, and/or develop reports within the scope of modern data visualization tools and best practices
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including executives, data modelers, application developers, business users, and customers
- Collaborate with other data workstreams (Data Engineers, Data Architects, Data Scientists) on specific projects
Typical experience for successful candidates includes:
- Experience with full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or Agile, including requirements definition and testing
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical languages and packages for analyzing large datasets
- Demonstrable experience in the design of data models, database design development, data profiling, and various data analysis tools
- Demonstrable experience with ETL/ELT, data ingestion, and data munging/wrangling
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication, and leadership skills
Successful candidates usually have demonstrable experience with technologies in some of these categories:
- Languages: SQL, Python, R
- Database: Hive, Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Aurora, DynamoDB, Cosmos, MongoDB
- Additional Technologies: Spark, Databricks, PowerBI, Tableau, git
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.