Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And this is just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition is to transform the home ownership experience, by identifying and addressing potential issues before they arise. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
- Curious, self-motivated, highly logical, and attentive to details.
- Biased towards action, making an impact, and developing systematic solutions.
- Excel at translating business questions into data and offering clear responses in return.
- Employ superior analytical, technical, and collaboration skills to solve complex problems and deliver lasting impact to the business.
- Have an eye on the big picture and know how to get analyses out the door.
What You'll Do
- Analyze the performance of business initiatives across Product, Insurance, or Marketing, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop robust instrumentation to track performance and guide operational decisions
- Build self-serve tools and advanced visualizations to democratize access to data insights
- Design and analyze experiments to guide product and operational decisions
- Conduct in-depth exploration and statistical analyses to uncover key drivers of the business
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of industry experience in an analytics role
- Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, data visualization (Tableau is a plus), and a programming language for data analysis (Python is a plus)
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines and ETLs
- Good understanding of probability, statistics, and research methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to present complex findings to non-technical audiences
- Great business intuition and ability to generate hypotheses alone
- Familiarity with actuarial and insurance metrics is a plus
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.