The Amherst Group of companies comprise of leading real estate investment and advisory firms with a mission to transform the way real estate is owned, financed and managed. Amherst leverages its proprietary data, analytics, technology, and decades of experience to seek solutions for a fragmented, slow-to-evolve real estate ecosystem and to materially improve the experience for residents, buyers, sellers, communities, and investors. Today Amherst has over 1000 employees and $14.1 billion in assets under management.
Over the past decade, Amherst has scaled its platform to become one of the largest operators of single-family assets and has acquired, renovated, and leased more than 46,000 homes across 32 markets in the U.S. The firm delivers customized, stabilized cash-flowing portfolios of assets to its investors, wrapped in all the ongoing services required to manage, own, and finance the asset including property management, portfolio management, and a full capital markets team. In addition to its single-family rental platform, Amherst’s debt business pursues two distinct credit strategies in mortgage-backed securities and commercial real estate lending. Over its 25-year history, Amherst has developed a deep bench of research and technology talent, and leverages data and analytics at every stage in the asset lifecycle to improve operations and preserve long-term value for our investors and the more than 188,000 residents the firm has served.
A day in the life of a Data Analyst:
As a Data Analyst, you will be instrumental in analyzing data discrepancies in our acquisition life-cycle and Data Warehouse and help identifying groups responsible for final fixes.
- Perform extensive data validation/quality assurance analysis within large datasets
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the data warehouse organization, balancing requirements and resources to solve business problems
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Ability to build tabular and/or visualization reports as needed
- Work closely with engineering and operations to document business processes
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes using data and create reporting that meets business needs, including impactful and complex data visualizations solutions utilizing SSRS, Tableau, R, Shiny, PowerBI or other visualization tools
- Assist in the development of robust analytics dashboards in conjunction with the Data Consistency and Data Validation
- Evaluate and execute (extraction, transformation, and loading) ETL processes in Test
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or any related discipline
- 7 years of relevant experience in data analytics roles
- 5+ years with at least one other data analytics programming language - SQL/R/SaS/Python
- Advance degree (MBA, MS, etc.) is a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of reporting/dashboard development (Tableau preferred)
Our full-time employee benefits include:
A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
Professional career development and reimbursement
Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.