Senior Data Analyst, Sales at Fivetran (East Bay)
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the role:
We’re looking for a high performing data analyst who's keen to become a data model expert in the growing cloud ecosystem. The role requires a mastery of SQL, an aptitude for understanding new schemas, and an ability to communicate best practices to our customer data teams.
As a Sr Data Analyst at Fivetran, you will:
- Own the development and maintenance of re-usable dashboards and data models that run on top of Fivetran's standardized schemas. We use a modern data stack of Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery along with Looker and Sigma for our BI.
- Work with business stakeholders to drive insights as we strive to help Fivetran make data driven decisions.
- Validate Fivetran's standardized schemas for correctness and analytics utility. Provide feedback and insights to our development team to continually improve the schemas for our growing number of data connectors.
- Improve Fivetran documentation, blog, and customer support material by voicing the data analyst perspective. Provide sample SQL queries and sample analyses to showcase the functionality of Fivetran schemas and ERDs.
What you bring to the table:
- At minimum 4-6 years of work experience as a data analyst
- Expert SQL and BI knowledge
- Ability to setup and maintain Looker dashboards for business stakeholders
- Comfortable communicating with customers and industry partners
- Ability to convey technical principles to a range of skill levels from novice data analysts to advanced IT professionals.
- Interest in becoming a sought after voice in the data analytics community.
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.