Senior Data Analyst, Research & Strategy at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
You will be part of the Analytics team at Fivetran, a leader of modern analytics. We leverage the most innovative data stack and define industry best-practices to provide data-driven insights for the company. What is unique about being an analyst at Fivetran is that you get to work as a “full-stack” analyst, covering responsibilities from analytics engineering / data modeling to dashboarding, ad-hoc data analysis, stakeholder engagement, and more.
As a Senior Data Analyst, Research & Strategy at Fivetran, you will:
- Work closely with the Strategy & Operations team to explore Fivetran’s data and better understand the performance of the business - this includes all areas of Fivetran's operations (HR, engineering, support, sales, customer success, legal, finance, product).
- Create high-impact, in-depth analyses that inform decision making for executive and C-level leaders at Fivetran.
- Perform statistical analysis on customer data to identify opportunities to improve our product and revenue (e.g. regression analysis to identify new customer growth opportunities).
- Research and incorporate industry benchmarks into our models to track Fivetran’s performance as a company for various operational and diversity metrics.
- Own the development and maintenance of re-usable data models and dashboards that run on top of Fivetran's standardized schemas. We use a modern data stack of Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery, Looker, and Sigma.
- Assist in training new hires, colleagues, and industry partners on the workings of the Analytics Team and what it means to have a data-driven culture.
- Become a leading voice in the data analytics community.
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for data and analytics
- Advanced/expert level SQL experience
- 3+ years analyzing data
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytical abilities to help solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of tools including SQL, Looker, Tableau, etc. to analyze and model raw data sets
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to successfully complete multiple, competing projects under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong prioritization & organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience using dbt
- Python experience
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, applied mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related field; or equivalent analytical acumen/analytics experience
- Experience working at a high-growth, SaaS or B2B product company
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.