Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
One of the key priorities for our Company is a significant focus on Data and its utilization as a Strategic asset to drive insights-driven decisions. The opportunity to accelerate our time to insights hinges on our ability to integrate, enrich and govern our disparate and evolving data sources, at speed and scale. The Human Health (HH) IT Data and Analytics team's mission is to focus on driving these capabilities to increase utilization of data within the organization.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an entrepreneurial Healthcare Technology Leader who will thrive in a landscape and technology environment which is continuously evolving, requiring a strong leader who is collaborative, self-motivated, takes accountability and drives results.
The Senior Data Analyst, HH IT US Data Hub is a key role within the HH IT Data & Analytics (DnA) team and will report into the HHIT US Data Hub Product Manager. The role will involve partnering with the US Data Hub product manager, capability teams and the US Data Hub business squad to drive the delivery of innovative, quality data products to support US Commercial operations. This role will be responsible for development, enhancement, adoption, and utilization of critical aspects of the Data Hub for the US Market, including a) Data Ingestion of critical organization data to support Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Patient Engagement, Strategy partnerships and Alliances b) Curation of re-usable data assets created in partnership with key consuming organizations and tools including Data Scientists, Field and Headquarters Analytics solutions and external partners c) expansion of the US Data Hub to include an adjacent Data Lake environment d) Value Realization with use of these Data Assets.
The Senior Data Analyst should be a vocal advocate for how Technology can partner with its business partners to deliver great results and should carefully manage a healthy tension between business capability needs (function, speed, agility) and efficiency imperatives (standard capabilities, total cost of ownership). This role will also have significant interaction with our partners, suppliers, and various data and technology providers, so she or he must be a strong and results driven individual.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- As a data subject matter expert, support the Business in the understanding and interpretation of commercial data and help to derive approaches for how data can be used to support effective commercial operations.
- Act as a subject matter expert for translating business needs into IT requirements. Communicate requirements to the Technical Lead and capability teams who will implement the data acquisition and curation activities
- Partner with business to understand the customers' data needs and to design conformed datasets which can be broadly used to fulfil those requirements. Gather insights into user journey, behavior, motivation, and pain points. Expose unarticulated problems and unmet needs.
- Identify and support business needs and recommend solutions that integrate with existing data and technical solutions.
- Perform impact analysis based on changes in the data (business meaning of data, change in the data structure).
- Document business process, business and user needs in the form of problem statements to make up the backlog. Apply a structured approach to discover, document, and manage business process, user and stakeholder needs, including opportunity statements, use cases, insights, and requirements.
- Provide requirements to capability teams for designing and implementing data pipelines. Facilitate the "how" with the Engineering team.
- Drive planning, design, testing activities, and compile critical content for training and communication for users.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ years working experience in a delivery or implementation role within the Data and Analytics space.
- Prior working experience in Data Analysis and Data Requirement Elicitation
- Prior working experience leading requirements sessions with clients and project teams.
- Prior working experience with one of the following: data management processes, data warehouse/data lake architecture, data modeling, ETL Tools or advanced SQL.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with a variety of stakeholders.
Preferred Experience Skills:
- Understanding of Cloud Data solutions, preferably AWS.
- Previous experience in Life sciences and Pharma domain.
- Understanding of US Sales and Marketing data domains is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of data management best practices and data analytics
- Experience with agile development methodologies and best practices.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore engineering resources, including vendor delivery teams
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: