From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
You will help shape the future of the Fivetran data pipeline platform for businesses large and small. Your contributions will help us continue to deliver a product that provides analysts worldwide with reliable access to the data they need, without having to ask an engineer to get it for them.
With your thorough understanding of our business and data stack and your brilliant data insights, you will drive the success of our product. You will work closely with product and engineering leaders to identify metrics and set targets that capture the status and growth opportunities of the product with respect to its robustness and effectiveness. Your quick ad hoc analyses for your engineering team compatriots will ensure optimal decision making in the face of high stakes issues.
There are two aspects of the Fivetran “product” - the user-facing front-end solutions portal, and the “core” of Fivetran: the connectors, transformations, and dbt packages that create the value for our customers behind the scenes. The “Data Analyst, Product & Engineering” role focuses on the latter - helping the engineering teams evaluate the most efficient way to utilize our most valuable resource - our engineers’ effort. Which “failures” are correctable with engineering effort and need to be prioritized by the Product team? How does the reliability of our product affect customer retention? How do we optimize effort between new development and maintenance?Outcomes/Responsibilities:
- Partner with Engineering stakeholders to quantitatively understand problems and potential solutions; analyze disparate data sets in creative ways to generate new insights and recommendations
- Develop innovative metrics for measuring performance of the core product and the engineering team; set benchmarks and provide the means to monitor progress towards targets
- Areas of focus will include: team performance and productivity (sprint efficiency, workload estimation accuracy); product development decision support, product reliability (uptime, bugs); and process analysis (SLA compliance, Support to Engineering handoff efficiency)
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to tackle challenges where engineering data and broader business data intersect
- Maintain and enhance analytics infrastructure at Fivetran in cooperation with analysts across the organization
- Assist in training new hires, colleagues, partners and our fan club on the workings of Fivetran’s data and what it means to be a data-driven culture
- Experience using analytics to support key business decisions, preferably at a high-growth, SaaS or B2B product company
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of tools including SQL, Looker, Tableau, etc. to analyze and model raw data sets; experience with R or Python a plus
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to successfully complete multiple, competing projects under tight deadlines
- Strong prioritization & organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; ability to effectively collaborate with a talented team of engineers and product managers.
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, applied mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, or a related field; or equivalent analytical acumen/analytics experience
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.