FLYR Labs is focused on the relentless application of advanced and intuitive technologies that help transportation leaders unlock their ultimate potential.
Starting with airlines, we provide the Cirrus Revenue Operating System™ that reshapes how travel and transportation businesses plan their commercial operation. We displace legacy data, forecasting, pricing, and reporting solutions with a single enterprise SaaS platform that leverages the latest advancements in deep learning, cloud computing, and user experience.
Our hyper-accurate contextual forecasts enable the most effective scheduling, marketing, and leadership decisions while directly managing the pricing for billions of dollars worth of product and revenue.
We are looking for Sr Data Analyst to join our Data Platform group. This position is based in our Dallas, TX office location.
Our Data Platform group is responsible for the software to support data at FLYR. The FLYR Data Platform Group enables access to consistent high quality data for the rest of our developers and data scientists as they move new software features and ML models into production for our airline customers.
All of FLYR’s software development and data science teams depend on the data models, pipelines, and tools owned by our Data Platform team to bring leading-edge ML-based products to market.
Our Data Platform group manages the processes and tools on our core product data models and evolves our warehouse data model to support FLYR’s product evolution and our growth into new markets.
As a software tools team, the group owns the tools and processes for schema change management and the standardized frameworks for data quality systems and data pipelines used across FLYR. The group owns the tools used by our customer-facing Delivery teams to build customer data pipelines and ingest new customer data.
Our Data Platform group works on mission-critical projects that have an instant meaningful impact for FLYR’s product offerings, and power revenue for the world’s biggest airline brands.
We strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
What will your destination look like at FLYR? (Responsibilities)
- As a sr data analyst, you will drive the cross-team collaboration to ensure proper representation of customer data and interpretation of data in downstream applications. Your data assessments and recommendations will be used by FLYR’s professional services and Delivery staff to power data pipelines across FLYR’s portfolio of airline and transportation industry customers.
- Contribute to your group’s feature roadmap through close collaboration with professional services data engineers to understand workflow and tooling needs.
- Ensure quality software through data quality reviews and validation tests.
- Visualize data using one of the analytics platforms (Google Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, etc).
- Identify and interpret trends in large and complex data sets.
- Lead cross-functional teams in triaging data issues and drives remediation efforts
- Work closely with data warehouse architects and data engineers to design and implement the data model changes, schema management controls, and data quality metrics and test suites needed to support new product features.
- Coordinate with DevOps on defining monitoring requirements and practices for production data pipelines.
- Collaborate closely with lead Data Scientists, Product Managers and ML Engineers on teams across FLYR to understand data needs and lead the design and delivery of tools, software, and data to meet those needs.
What can you bring on this trip? (Requirements)
- Quantitative educational background (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, or other related fields) or work experience.
- Extensive experience in batch and real-time data processing. Ability to analyze and drive performance improvements.
- Strong experience in data processing tools and data engineering, significant experience working with the development of ETL systems and cloud-based data management and monitoring tools.
- Experience with data warehouses and data visualization platforms.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and confidence in wrangling all types of data in SQL. Ability to perform data analysis in the course of the investigation of software defects and software performance issues. Conduct design and conduct code reviews on SQL-based, data-centric test cases and test automation.
- Experience with using and performance tuning in BigQuery, various optimization techniques
- Experience with Python, Airflow / ArgoAbility to communicate complex topics to multiple audiences in order to help create a common roadmap between stakeholders.
In-flight Amenities: (Perks & Benefits)
- Equity in Series C startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- 401K with company match
- Free Breakfast/Lunch (in office)
- Uber Eats - $30/Monthly (Hybrid Employees)
- 100% Paid Parental Leave for 12 Weeks
- $300 Home office set-up stipend (one time)
- Dog Friendly Offices
Our Commitment to Equality
Here at FLYR, we’re committed to growing with intention, having our teams better reflect the world around us. We strive to create an environment of inclusion and even more importantly, belonging, where psychological safety, empathy, and human connection are at the center of our leadership principles. Not only does this enable us to create better products and have a better work environment, it’s good for the bottom line and it’s the right thing to do.
FLYR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetics, marital or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, FLYR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates.