Senior Data Analyst - Cox Business Planning Strategy & Analytics at Cox Enterprises (Phoenix, AZ)
The Senior Analytics Analyst provides support in analyzing data, providing insights and reports as it relates to various marketing and business operations, including but not limited to managing data provided by vendors, aggregating data to achieve data-driven insights and results. The Senior Analyst is responsible for measuring and assessing the effectiveness of these data and provide the market share combined with local macroeconomic data related to regions and other Cox's related geographies.
The Senior Analytics Analyst is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and authority on issues related to reporting, aggregating, combining multiple internal and external data sources to produce analyses, and metrics. Operating with considerable latitude for independent judgment, the Senior Analyst provides influence and leadership to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact corporate results. Senior Analysts are also tasked with providing mentorship and guidance to team members and associates.
What You'll Do
- Query and mine data resources to answer ad-hoc business questions.
- Starting with raw data and a business need or question, deliver high-impact analyses and presentations.
- Identify and create new data resources from disparate sources to enable reporting, data science, and advanced analytics.
- Understand business objectives and user needs to translate into requirements for reporting, analytics, and data science projects.
- Create data pipelines and automation using a combination of tools and languages including SQL, Python, PySpark, and R.
- Extensive working experience on Hadoop/Minerva environment as well as cloud environment.
- Create advanced reporting and dashboards primarily in Tableau and PowerPoint.
- Leverage statistical testing and experimental design methodologies to determine impact of organizational actions.
- Innovate data science-enabled resources including segmentations and predictive models.
- Coach and train junior analysts
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Lead small teams of analysts on special projects or major operational studies.
What's In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years' experience in a related field. (i.e., data analysis, metrics, dashboard reporting creation, etc.) The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8years'experience in a related field
- Experience independently consulting with stakeholders and clients to develop reporting and analytics that help meet needs and objectives.
- Experience independently creating automated reporting and dashboards in Tableau.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software/languages/tools, e.g., R (caret, ggplot2), Python (pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn), SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.
- Strong practical and theorical knowledge of Hadoop and Cloud environments.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to successfully comprehend and communicate advanced analytics artifacts, business insights, and resulting implications to non-technical business partners.
- MS/PhD degree in related discipline; Master's degree in a related discipline related to STEM strongly preferred.
- Understanding of concept of market share, flow share and market measurements.
- Experience with statistical testing methods and design of experiments
- Experience with Tableau and other reporting tools.
USD 77,000.00 - 115,600.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.