Senior Data Analyst, Business Intelligence at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
Senior Data Analyst
Cox Communications, Inc. is seeking a Senior Data Analyst, Business Intelligence with experience in data acquisition/extraction and data blending geared towards but not limited to the telecommunications Industry. The Sales & Marketing Analytics & Reporting Team is looking for talented people who are incredibly passionate about data and have a proven track record of transforming raw data into business insight.
We are looking for a rock star Data Engineer who will be responsible for researching and extracting pertinent data points within multiple source systems to empower our business intelligence platform. Your primary role is to be the co-designer, builder and keeper of data assets needed for reporting. This position is also responsible for supporting the data we enable, including managing our overnight batch processing starting at approx. 6:30 AM Eastern. We believe that great system performance and business insight is predicated by great data. So this role will be critical to the success of the team.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets to be used by the BI reporting tool. ETL specific for creating datasets (to be used by MicroStrategy)
- Will write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts
- Works in partnership with the other IT teams and stakeholders concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Prepare technical specifications and documentation for workflows supporting BI reports.
- Perform end to end Data validation to maintain accuracy of data sets
- Lead discussions with business partners to identify functional requirements resulting in data acquisition for BI applications
- Translate business logic from one system (Excel, SQL, etc) into SQL in a quick and accurate manner
- Develop re-useable processes that can be leveraged and standardized for multiple instances
- Understand the existing source system data models.
- Ensure application stability and performance by monitoring existing workflows to ensure they are working correctly and that they reconcile with the source.
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis and support to business functions.
What's In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years' experience in a related field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Informatics, or similar analytical field.) The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years' experience in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, database technologies and data warehouse design philosophies
- Experience writing SQL queries against any RDBMS with query optimization and working with relational database systems
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience using Hadoop, Snowflake, AWS or other big data/cloud platforms
- Advanced knowledge of self-service analytic/ETL tools, specifically SQL developer for Oracle.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.