Senior Contracts Analyst - LAC at Visa (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
This position will partner with the various stakeholders throughout Visa to develop and manage legal binding agreements and contracts from approved financial proposals. This person will be an advocate for the Sales organization (e.g., Co-branding, Financial Institution Sales, DPS, Prepaid, Commercial, Merchant Acceptance, etc.) while working closely with Finance, Legal, Strategy and Audit. Position will also develop and manage the agreements that can range from Non-Disclosure agreements to more complicated agreements such as merchant acceptance agreements, master service agreements, Signature account agreements, etc
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Contract development, contract approval coordination, contract file and database management, recurring and ad hoc reporting, etc.
- Facilitate and participate in contract negotiations with internal partners and external parties
- Document contract changes from initial draft through final execution
- Distribute contracts (pre and post signature) to appropriate parties
- Collaborate with Finance to fulfill Visa payment obligations
- Liaise with Sales, Finance, Legal, Strategy and Audit to ensure contracts are developed and approved promptly
- Assist with contract administration activities, including but not limited to record maintenance, database management and other post-execution assistance
- Participate in special assignments and provide ad hoc support and reporting as required
Position must be based in our Miami office location. No relocation assistance will be provided.Qualifications
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Must speak fluent English and Spanish
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong understanding of Visa Products and Services
- Background and knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred: the payment services industry and related credit and debit processing industries, banking and financial institutions laws and regulations, and/or antitrust and competition law.
- Previous contract writing experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with management and leaders across various functions throughout Visa
- Manages well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work independently
- Superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills
- Great interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Required)
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Apttus or similar contract management software (preferred)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.