Senior Consultant, Data Engineering at 3Cloud (Remote)
Senior Consultant, Data Engineering
3Cloud is a technology services firm helping clients transform their business through the power of the cloud. We leverage Microsoft Azure to help clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently and be more responsive to their client’s needs. As a Microsoft partner, we specialize in Azure migration, cloud-scale custom application development, Internet of Things, analytics, and DevOps achieved through Azure-enabled infrastructure automation. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with additional offices in Dallas and Tampa. This is a remote role based in any US city.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that wants to grow as we grow. As a Data Engineering Senior Consultant at 3Cloud you will have the opportunity to work closely with fellow 3Cloud team members to understand our client’s data and analytic needs and use the architectures and data solutions that enable the analytic capabilities that drive their business decision making.
What You’ll Do
- Manage client expectations with regards to scope, cost, and timeline.
- Author high quality project documentation and other project artifacts, including written case studies detailing use cases and project specifics
- Be an effective technical mentor to more junior level teammates.
- Have the ability to lead small project technical teams.
- Deliver complex projects on-time and within budget, proactively identifying and mitigating gaps and risks.
- Expand your knowledge in multiple tools and technologies.
- Foster a problem-solving culture that resolves issues through collaboration and partnerships with other parts of the organization.
- Support internal 3Cloud objectives that help advance data services design and techniques.
- Support the Sales Team on Presales efforts to define scope estimates for most projects when bandwidth allows.
Who The Role Reports To: Competency Leader, Data Architecture & Engineering
How Success Is Measured -
- Project Success - Deliver complex projects on-time and within budget, proactively identifying and mitigating gaps and risks.
- Individual Growth – Continue to grow your skill set through training and certifications.
- Practice Growth – Contribute to the internal practice to help us continue to delivery in the most consistent and efficient way
How To Tell If the Role Might Be Right for You -
- You have over 2 years of experience in the following:
- Designing and implementing logical and physical data models for cloud and hybrid data warehouse environments
- Implementing data architectures to support a variety of data formats and structures including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Implementing multiple full life-cycle data warehouses
- Understanding of data architectures required to support data integration processing
- Data modeling technologies such as ER/Studio, ER/Win or similar
- Microsoft Azure Data Platform services including Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Storage, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL database, Logic Apps, APIs
- Data profiling and creation of source to target mappings
- Ability to provision and configure Azure data service resources
- You’re results oriented and have a reputation for getting things done
- You have a growth mindset and have a deep desire to continue to improve your skills
- You’re comfortable in fast paced environments
- You’re confident presenting in front of senior level clients
- You have a strong sense of responsibility for a project’s success
- You thrive in a team environment
- You have strong communication skills