Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Senior Business/Technical Analyst will be able to work directly with and effectively communicate with business colleagues as well as be able to bridge the gap between the business and technical teams. This role is expected to manage relationships at various levels in the organization and tailor communications accordingly. This is a unique role, with an independent capacity, and one that will wear a number of hats (e.g. aspects of BA/TA/Support/Communications/Client Relationship and Project Coordination). This role would likely suit someone with multi-faceted skills and interests, and someone who is self-organized and motivated. Under the direction of the Product Labeling Product Manager, the incumbent will understand business processes and operating environment and guide project-based activities including business process analysis, scope definition / chartering, requirements elicitation and documentation, UAT planning and coordination, requirements coverage through traceability to requirements, leveraging SDLC methodologies and tools. The incumbent will be able to work independently and creatively. The incumbent should expect to work collaboratively both locally and globally with business, our Company's IT colleagues, and third-party solution providers/suppliers, consultants, and contractors.
- Utilize business knowledge to translate needs and opportunities into business and technical requirements, contributing to planning and execution of IT projects.
- Develop and apply deep subject-matter expertise in the regulatory domain, ensuring excellence, compliance and added value of IT solutions, and demonstrating the ability to collaborate with the business to develop short/long-term roadmaps and goals to improve business processes and add value through the use of IT capabilities.
- Act as a facilitator by creating plans and using appropriate techniques to engage with the business gathering requirements and identify opportunities, conduct end-user training, and ensure alignment and successful implementation of IT solutions.
- Operate in line with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and/or agile frameworks, following testing processes, policies, master test plan and user experience standards.
- Contribute to innovative experiments, specifically to idea generation, idea incubation and/or experimentation, identifying tangible and measurable criteria.
- All activities will be conducted in compliance with company policies and standards, and in compliance with regional and country specific regulations.
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- H.S. Diploma (or equivalent) with 5+ years related experience
- A minimum of 5 years of IT business/technical analysis experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, communication and the ability to influence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills balanced with a creative mindset.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis, best practices and methodologies including the ability to perform requirements tracing and validations during testing.
- Demonstrated requirements gathering skills through development of use cases and other methods and skills used in business analysis such as negotiation, decision making / trade off analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships with client organizations and across other IT areas.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Change Management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible with time schedule - some evening calls will be necessary as there are global teams we need work with.
- 3+ years proven knowledge of business processes within the pharmaceutical space.
- Ability to understand, align and ensure integration of IT business and solution architecture with business solutions.
- Experience in Agile product development practices.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: