At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) to be part of our Sales & Service Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. As a SBSA you will act as an intermediary between the business partners and the IT team, responsible for collecting, clarifying, and documenting business requirements. You will also be an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes business demand for technology.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Work with business partners to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of our Salesforce platform and other related systems.
- Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
- Work with the IT project management team to prioritize these changes and define project scope.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc.
- Build testing plans, scenarios, and scripts to support QA efforts; actively participates in unit and system tests while coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Develop the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training.
- Assist and coordinate the data preparation as required for QA and UAT process.
- Assist project manager by identifying project milestones, tasks, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports.
- Develop training materials and provide training to end users as needed.
- Research and recommend software solutions and applications (e.g., AppExchange applications for Salesforce) to meet business needs.
What you bring:
- Functional knowledge of Sales and Service core business processes (e.g., opportunity management, pricing, quoting, order management, customer on-boarding, resource scheduling, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Salesforce.com or related CRM, ERP such as Rootstock or other enterprise business applications in a complex, highly integrated organization.
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong customer service skills with high concern for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.