Senior Business Systems Analyst at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Launchpad is a cornerstone of the FIS Partner Enablement strategy. Launchpad is a powerful tool enabling partners to create a seamless software experience which includes credit card payments. The product provides real-time visibility, allowing Partner sales reps to submit leads and track status any time on any device. It provides a faster conversion, auto-boarding for almost instant merchant activation - increasing the partner's speed to revenue.
What you will be doing
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers. • Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities. • Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI. • Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's degree desirable.
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development (Scrum)• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.