The Strategic Finance team at TripActions is focused on three primary objectives:
- Measuring and reporting on financial performance and organizational health. The team identifies key drivers and metrics that are fundamental to driving the financial health of the business. Additionally, the team leverages technology to automate reporting.
- Shaping company priorities around value-creating activities. The team builds a deep understanding of strategic principles and how the company creates value for shareholders, customers, and partners. As a fast-moving business that’s disrupting a stale industry, it’s not always obvious where to focus first. It’s essential for this team to continually drive insights into the business and to work cross-functionally across the organization to identify actions to be taken to improve value-creation.
- Supporting complex decisions and coaching others on how to use and interpret financial data. The team should serve as knowledge integrators, connecting people and data across all parts of the organization to improve decision-making. However, just as important as being the integrator is being the enabler and coach, making sure the right questions are being asked and appropriate analytical tools are being used - especially when we’re not in the room.
Responsibilities. As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, Anaplan Modeler your role will be critical in improving our corporate reporting, systems, processes, and planning for the future state of the business. You will enjoy working on cross-functional projects spanning Finance, Sales, and G&A. You will be responsible for:
- Serving as our lead model builder from implementation to go-live and beyond
- Translate existing financial models, spreadsheets, and business problems into Anaplan
- Identifying business requirements based on our financial processes
- Building our Anaplan systems roadmap
- Prototyping, testing & launching new features
- Training and enabling the team to effectively use Anaplan
- Ongoing maintenance, support and documentation for our Anaplan implementation
- Working to leverage Anaplan to support all company short and long-term planning processes
Qualifications. The ideal candidate for this role:
- Have 6+ years of work experience, with at least 2+ years of experience in corporate FP&A and 2+ years relevant experience implementing one or more EPM technologies, including at least 1 Anaplan implementation
- Deep knowledge in modeling within Anaplan from conceptualization to model development
- Integrate formatted and unformatted data within Anaplan using Anaplan connect
- Ability to troubleshoot Anaplan performance issues with various optimization techniques
- Have extensive competency in building and auditing sophisticated financial models and large data sets with Anaplan or Adaptive
- Bachelor’s degree (finance and accounting preferred but not required)
- Be entrepreneurial and have an enthusiastic "get stuff done" mentality
- Be able to expertly balance the need to deliver accurate data and insights that drive focused action with the speed and fast-paced nature of TripActions
- Thrive in ambiguous, fast-moving, and high-intensity environments
- Position is located in Palo Alto / San Francisco