Senior Business Systems Analyst at STR (Remote)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with financial experience to join our growing Finance team. The Business System Analyst will use analytic and problem-solving skills to maximize business systems productivity, develop business system models and dashboards, and make recommendations for system improvements based on business trends and needs. This position will also assist in integrating STR’s business systems including Deltek’s Costpoint, Cobra and Content Management, Workday, ServiceNow, and ADP.
The Business System Analyst will regularly interact with internal customers, requiring a high level of coordination and communication. This position offers the flexibility to work remotely with occasional travel to the office required. Preference is for a candidate in the Boston, MA area or the Washington DC Metro area.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Manage user access to Deltek and Cognos applications
- Develop and maintain financial and program models and reports
- Design and implement financial and program dashboards using Microsoft Power BI, Cognos, or other appropriate software tools
- Assess current business tools, processes, and business requirements, and make recommendations for improvement
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to understand the needs of the business
- Oversee implementation of systems, system upgrades and process changes
- Develop training materials and provide ongoing training to users of systems to increase efficiency and productivity
- Use a variety of software tools to analyze system data structures and translate data into efficient reporting and dashboarding
- Perform special projects as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate will have worked in a Government Contracting environment, but is not required
- Working experience using a variety of business system is preferred (system examples include: Deltek Costpoint & Cobra, Cognos, Workday, ServiceNow, Vena, and ADP)
- Experience developing databases and financial dashboards
- Understanding of SQL and other tools to extract, transform and integrate data
- Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and coordinate effectively and in a professional manner across the organization
- Ability to think strategically and solve challenges
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills which support strategic data interpretation
- Proficient organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities, projects, and adapt to change
- Desire to work independently and in a team environment
- Decision-making skills reflecting sound judgement while complying with policies and procedures
- Self-motivation and thirst for knowledge to drive efficiencies and improve processes
- Passion to maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance, if required
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Business, Finance, or related field
- 7-10+ years of experience of business system analysis experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Power BI, SQL, and Data Warehouse
STR provides an outstanding work environment for its employees with excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Full-time employees enjoy 401(k), profit sharing, health and welfare benefits, subsidies for training and conference attendance to foster continued learning and development, and a casual yet technically challenging work environment.
At STR, we are dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive community to create an environment that is innovative, collaborative, and empowering. STR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a growing technology company with locations near Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, near Dayton, OH, Palm Bay, FL, and Carlsbad, CA. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security in cyber; next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare; and artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, and we go home at night knowing that we pushed the envelope of technology and made the world safer.
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at [email protected] and provide your contact info.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws.