Senior Business Systems Analyst- Risk Management at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
Senior Business Systems Analyst- Risk Management Services
The Risk Management Services Senior Business Analyst (SBA) role is responsible for research, analysis, and reporting on leading and lagging indicators found within Risk Management Services, Safety, and Health Services data. The SBA will perform basic to advanced analysis to determine continuous improvement opportunities with minimal guidance from the Reporting, Optimization and Analytics Manager.
The role will provide data insights and refined metrics to support key business partners in Safety, Risk Management Services, Legal, and Health Services. The SBA role will be required to tell a concise but comprehensive story.
Daily activities could include:
- Ad hoc reporting for Legal or other partners
- Pre-analytic data integrity checks and cleanup
- Advanced data/statistical analysis for projects
- Advanced predictive analytics
- Project management of moderate complexity analytical projects
- Guidance and teaching of business analysts, associates, and interns
- Building and maintaining key relationships with partners in Risk Management Services, Safety, IT, Health Services and Legal
- Design visual representations of data
- Presentations to leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Risk Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Proven ability to tell a coherent and concise story, using data to present information to executives.
- Proven ability to analyze and investigate customer requests for data / analysis.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to network with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Business Objects, Microsoft Office, and Tableau
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python, SQL, or R
- Demonstrated advanced PowerPoint or Keynote skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills.
- Demonstrated skills in project management for moderate complexity projects.
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to mentor / educate / assist others within the department with new skills.
- Proven advanced experience in statistics and analytical methodology.
- Demonstrated self-starter, work with minimal supervision, and able to balance several priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in statistical analysis and / or process improvement
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Risk Management, Industrial Engineering, MBA, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Risk Management Services and/or Safety
- Minimum of 5 years Walt Disney World experience