Senior Business Intelligence & Data Analyst at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for an intelligent, driven professional to join our team. The Operations Strategy & Analytics team uses data driven insights to drive servicing strategy across contact channels, customer segmentation, product roadmaps, and technology investments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners to drive forward recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Build relationships across operations to develop and robust understanding of needs and opportunities to improve visibility to key business metrics
- Create robust and stable data pipelines and reporting to track portfolio performance and help ensure progress to goals across the customer lifecycle
- Partner with operational teams across internal sites and external vendors to develop and continuously grow our business intelligence capabilities
- Analyze high volumes of customer interaction data to drive insights
- Demonstrate technical solutions to continuously drive efficiency through automation
- Maintain a solid understanding of our evolving data warehouse
- Continuously working on critical initiatives to transform the ongoing customer experience as a key competitive differentiator and scale the business
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role (analytics, business intelligence) focused around manipulating large and complex datasets
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and/or experience in Python or R
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment, cross-functionally, and with external parties
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team first mentality - you go out of your way to help teammates
- Prior experience in Operations/Customer Experience role is a plus
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.