Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA)
Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
The Sr BI Analyst will work closely with internal clients and IT team to transform data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. They will go beyond the obvious, delving into the source, definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create information.
Core duties will include the ability to determine business requirements, priorities and define key performance indicators; design dashboards, alerts, and reports; provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
Who We Are:
We’re a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Develop reports, visualizations, and custom extracts using PowerBI & other business intelligence tools.
- Participate in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Integrate data sources from multiple systems to provide seamless reporting.
- Understand database relationships and interconnections among data sources.
- Review reports to improve accuracy, functionality, and consistency.
- Analyze data extracted from various sources and validate accuracy of data. Collaborate with other Power BI Pros within the team to resolve data integrity issues.
- Develop work plans, timelines and manage workflows to meet timeframes.
- Evaluate internal and external customer needs in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Provide input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Explore the data and discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
- Research business problems and create models that help analyze business problems.
- Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Research best practices and provide recommendations to the team.
- Stay informed of BI products/tools and of business strategies and direction.
- Recommend standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials.
- Provide guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Advanced PowerBI experience, or similar data visualization tool.
- Healthcare staffing industry experience preferred.
- Experience managing large projects.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with data administration, design, and architecture.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts, thought leadership and the business value of solutions in a clear and understandable way.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including Disability / Vets, and welcomes all to apply. Please click here for our EEO policy.