Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Relativity Space (Greater LA Area)
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Accounting team at Relativity is responsible for the financial integrity of the entire organization. Our functions include general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting and analytics, audit, tax and compliance, accounts receivable, credit, and cost accounting. Collecting and maintaining the business’s financial activities in accordance with US GAAP, enables us to provide accurate and timely financial reports as well as automated dashboards for strategic planning and decision-making purposes to management, investors, and other stakeholders. This empowers the company to make smart business decisions as we pave the way to a multiplanetary future.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders such as FP&A and Supply Chain teams to understand the reporting needs of the business and help formulate short-term roadmap
- Strategize data modeling solutions that meet reporting requirements as set by stakeholders
- Oversee the development of data models and dashboards by internal team members to meet proposed timelines; will require hands-on approach in the short-term and pivot into more strategy-focused over time
- As necessary, take ownership of dashboarding projects from end to end, including but not limited to translating business requirements to technical requirements, creating data models, assessing data quality, designing dashboards, and monitoring performance
- Develop a deep understanding of data schemas from disparate data sources (ERP, MES, HRMS, etc.) and write complex SQL queries to build new data models
- Ensure new data models are properly tested and accurate prior to release
- Design and build dashboards in Tableau that support varying teams and leadership
- Recommend new metrics, techniques, and/or strategies to improve dashboards and analyses
- Identify data quality issues and concerns and work with internal team to take steps to resolve
- Help create standards for data modeling and dashboarding across the team
- Document data models, define metrics, and train end users for successful dashboard adoption
- Track, escalate, and manage dashboard issues through resolution
- Partner with EAS team to develop data governance structure
- Analyze and suggest process improvements in accounting systems to satisfy data needs
- Special projects as assigned by management
- The role will be within our Accounting Analytics team and report to the Manager of Accounting Analytics
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, data engineering, or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling and dashboarding with at least 1 year related to financial data.
- 3+ years of experience designing/building visualizations within Tableau
- Advanced skills in data visualization and data storytelling
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience working with ERP data
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Infor LN experience is a plus!
- Experience in aerospace or manufacturing industries
- 3+ years of experience in financial data modeling
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace