Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Discover (Chicago, IL)
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Work with other team members on small to medium projects/initiatives. Work on analytical tasks and initiatives, prioritizes, communicates timelines, and executes with guidance from managers.
Develop datasets, dashboards, and reports for supported functions.
Actively manages and escalates risk and customer-impacting issues within the day-to-day role to management.
This position offers a unique opportunity to support the oversight of consumer credit risks of all consumer lending products and to support sustainable growth and drive a risk aware culture across functions leveraging Discover behaviors. We play to win, get better every day, and succeed together. You will be responsible for developing, applying, and enhancing credit risk oversight processes in support of the overall Corporate Risk Management framework and systems.
- Responsible for development of analysis, dashboards, reports, and data sets including performance reporting, analysis, and evaluation of assigned initiatives/campaigns. On specific teams, may report on metrics to continuously evaluate the performance of machine learning solutions.
- Works with managers to understand business needs and timelines. Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly.
- Performs user acceptance testing for projects. Troubleshoots issues within dashboards and reports. Handles escalated issues through to resolution.
- Identifies data discrepancies and works with manager and partners to fix issues. Handles escalated issues through to resolution.
- Utilize programming language and analytical tools to conduct ad hoc analysis. May translate machine learning algorithms into code.
- Attend trainings to keep up with technical skillsets.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry or related field
- 1+ years of hands-on experience developing optimized, complex SQL queries across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources such as Teradata, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, or Hyperion Essbase or related
- 1+ years of hands-on experience utilizing industry leading Business intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Qlikview to develop robust, interactive and visually impactful dashboards or related.
- In Lieu of a degree 6+ years of Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry or related.
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $63,500.00 to $107,100.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
- STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Recognition Program
- Education Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Support Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com .
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)