Senior Business Analyst, Customer Identity at Capital One (Washington DC)
Senior Business Analyst, Customer Identity
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures. That's why we're here-a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, analysts, designers, and engineers working to make a difference in people's lives. Maybe you should be here, too.
As a Senior Business Analyst on the Customer Identity team , you will have a pivotal role in shaping the strategy and developing the business cases for one of the most exciting areas in Technology today: Digital Identity. You'll be at the forefront of keeping our customers safe by assessing authentication strategies and tools, and leading efforts to adopt cutting edge capabilities that are disrupting the digital world of banking.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Grow your career by becoming a digital product analytics leader at Capital One
- Own the end-to-end analytics agenda for Identity initiatives, machine learning use cases, and new products & experiences
- Develop and lead high visibility business cases with both Identity and Fraud partners
- Shape our strategic areas of focus oriented around the OKRs framework (which you will also shape)
- Become an expert in digital identity and applications of Machine Learning
- Collaborate in talented & diverse cross-functional teams across Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Science, Product, Tech, and Design
- Build relationships to grow professionally; mentor other team members to be great analysts, with future opportunities for people management
We're excited about you because you'll bring:
- Strategic thinking, infinite curiosity, and a desire to collaborate cross-functionally, to lead the way with sound business cases, and to help shape the agenda and strategy
- Comfort with extracting and analyzing large volume of data, and generating valuable and action-oriented insights
- Strong communication skills with an ability to turn analysis into actionable insight - in decks, dashboards, or Slack messages, and influencing the priorities of peers and leadership
- Results-oriented mindset, deriving more energy from the value you create rather than the outputs you deliver
- Obsession with self development, dedicating time to learn from best-in-class thought leaders, build a network of great operators, and constantly reflect on personal progress and goals
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Experience designing and executing complex analysis with SQL and/or Python, and in using Tableau or other data viz tools
- Comfort with ambiguity and enjoyment cutting through distractions to discern the core priorities and create structure where none exists
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product strategies for Identity
- Marketing: Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
- Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Tech, Product, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).