Senior Business Analyst - BlackLine at Cox Enterprises (Atlanta, GA)
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the Cox Automotive BlackLine related processes. The Senior Analyst - BlackLine is responsible for overseeing the deployment, adoption, and optimization of the BlackLine tool, including journal entries, account reconciliations, match sets, and financial close tasks. This role will be responsible to consult with business partners (Enterprise Accounting, Finance, Operations) and the IT team on a regular basis. Effective management of BlackLine is a responsibility that will enable Cox Automotive to optimize and mitigate risk in its processes.
The ideal candidate will have strong continuous process improvement, change management, governance, and communication experience.
- Support day-to-day activities of the Process Center of Excellence as they relate to BlackLine.
- Work with IT/BlackLine developers and maintenance team to build and test enhancements to current processes.
- Support BlackLine training efforts as new users are onboarded to the tool and ongoing as needed.
- Drive account reconciliation, journal entry, and financial close reporting through BlackLine (i.e., aged items, unreconciled balances, overdue close tasks).
- Assist with the building of metrics and performance management strategy and culture, driving measurable business results and tracking adoption of BlackLine.
- Accountable for all process standards relating to BlackLine: data, reporting, systems security, compliance, financial controls, change management and process excellence.
- Support an operational readiness and change management approach to accompany BlackLine changes, to drive business adoption and organizational agility.
- Partner with other cross-functional teams within the Centers of Excellence and Operations to identify and address improvement opportunities.
- Analyze and develop business process diagrams and models to support process design and redesign initiatives.
- Communicates with key stakeholders to ensure risk awareness, project progress, set expectations, and define next steps in a timely manner.
- Offers recommendations for improving system performance gaps and system options to increase efficiencies and achieve best practice standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance and/or Accounting with 4+ years of accounting or finance experience. A candidate may also have a Master's degree with 2+ years of experience; a PhD with 1+ years of experience, or non-degree candidates may have 8+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years of BlackLine experience preferred, ideally a mix of experience as a user and as a system administrator
- BlackLine certification is preferred
- SQL and Case Command experience preferred
- Background in financial close process optimization and related controls
- Proven ability to influence and to collaborate with business partners
- Acts as first tier end user support, escalate with system support teams as necessary.
- Tracks, documents, and manages support issues with Blackline.
- Partners closely with management and end-users to gather and document business requirements to enhance systems and processes to drive increased efficiency.
- Experience with continuous improvement and project management - Six Sigma Green Belt and/or PMP a plus
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of customer service
- Demonstrated financial analysis strength
- Experience within a Center of Excellence environment preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, configuration, navigation skills across BlackLine modules
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and Oracle Financials
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage projects, while engaging a broader team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact and collaborate with all levels across the organization.
- Ability to influence and shape work, progress, and processes without ownership or control
- Excellent organizational and analytical skillsAbility to work effectively under pressure, and shift priorities quickly as required and rapidly adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and prioritization skills with high level attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.