Senior Benefits Analyst at Squarespace
Senior Benefits Analyst
Squarespace's Total Rewards team is seeking a Senior Benefits Analyst who has a passion for all things benefits at a scaling organization while providing administration and support for all employee benefit plans, programs, and policies. In this role, you will manage employee benefit inquiries, execute our benefit programs, manage compliance related needs, monitor benefit eligibility, and support all other ad-hoc projects. This individual should be excited by the opportunity to be very hands-on with everything from day-to-day administrative work to longer-term, large-scale benefits projects.
You will report to our Senior Manager, Global Benefits. We are open to remote candidates as long as you reside in an approved state (please see the application question).
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You’ll Get To…
- Manage the day-to-day benefits operations and programs, including administration of current employee benefits (e.g., medical, dental, vision; life insurance plans, disability programs, 401(k) retirement), leaves and accomodations
- Providing ongoing support for vendor management including by participating in regular status calls and strategic reviews, identifying areas for process improvement and assisting with implementation of new initiatives
- Liaise directly with employees in connection with questions about benefit eligibility, programming, leave management and escalating to Senior Manager, Global Benefits where appropriate
- Develop and maintain process documentation (including SOPs, policies, templates and communications) for all benefit and leave programs and provide recommendations for process improvement, where appropriate
- Partner with payroll to ensure accurate and timely processing of benefits deductions and provide recommendations for areas of efficiencies and improvement
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy of employee benefits information through audits and billing reconciliation liaising with AP and vendors as required
- Coordinate and facilitate compliance related matters, in partnership with external vendors, including (but not limited to) completion of Form 5500s, ACA filings, annual audits, and non-discrimination testing
- Support the annual benefits Open Enrollment process, including partnering with vendors/brokers/consultants to manage employee communications, prepare benefit plan materials, coordinate timelines and address employee questions
- Stay on top of competitive market trends, summarize employee insights regarding benefits usage, requests and programming and provide thoughtful recommendations to Senior Manager, Global Benefits regarding potential opportunities to enhance current offerings
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as Payroll, People Operations, HR Business Partners, Recruiting, Legal, and Finance on renewals, benefit program implementations and other areas related to benefits administration
- Perform other Benefits/HR ad hoc projects as needed
Who We’re Looking For...
- 4+ years of Benefits Administration experience
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, ACA, etc.
- Ability to manage expectations of and relationships with various key stakeholders across multiple areas, including senior leaders
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Commitment to driving results, including taking ownership for administration and improvement of benefits processes and programs
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, presentation, writing)
- Technical proficiency in one or more HR Information Systems (WD a PLUS!)
- Strong Excel skills required (vlookup, pivot tables, large data audit compares)
- Experience working in a global organization and/or within tech a plus!
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.