Senior Associate, Data Engineering at Dentsu (Cincinnati, OH)
We are Dentsu International. We innovate the way brands are built. That means we do things differently so they’re better than before. In this way, we make our clients’ most important marketing assets—their brands—win in a changing world.
Dentsu International is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data, and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.Job Description
The Sr. Associate, Data Engineering will serve as a key technical partner for building scalable and effective data automation & analytics solutions for marquee 360i clients. Working alongside our talented team of engineers, analysts, and data scientists, this role will have the opportunity to experiment with new technologies while building robust Analytics and Predictive Modeling solutions.
- Work closely with clients to identify business needs and analytics opportunities, scoping customized analyses to drive marketing and business performance
- Design systems to make data accessible & useful
- Build scalable analytics systems for clients across the agency
- Create advanced reporting through automated processes to more efficiently consolidate data from a multitude of internal, vendor, and application specific sources.
- Build large scale data warehousing solutions
- Utilize Python, SQL APIs, and Excel Macros to develop & manage data pipelines
- Design custom dashboards to showcase the most critical series of actionable business metrics Increase Marketing ROIs by helping to improve brand and channel specific performance.
- work in a nationally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience.
- Demonstrated skills in ETL development, data modeling, and data warehousing.
- Advanced skills and experience using Python, SQL, Bash and other scripting/compiled languages.
- Experience with or exposure to MPP & Big Data technologies (Redshift, BigQuery, Spark, Hive/Hadoop, EMR, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix operations in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Datorama or similar.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and assignments.
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3 and EMR, as well as Git and Docker based continuous integration & deployment pipelines preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the R/Python data engineering & data science ecosystem, including Pandas, Airflow, Scikit, Statsmodels, and Tidyverse preferred.
- Experience with building marketing analytics pipelines, including display, search, and social preferred.
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing preferred.
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Applicants from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $78,000-$121,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.