MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B - Be Humble
- L - Lead with Empathy
- O - Own It
- C - Communicate Clearly
- K - Kaizen
The team or discipline ❤️
The data team is here to build, maintain and serve the best in class data platform to the whole of MoonPay, enabling all the teams to be able to take key data driven decisions and gain further insights into our operations. We're well established within MoonPay but there is still more than ample opportunity for you to come in with your own ideas and help shape our future.
Tech Stack 💻
GCP, BigQuery, Postgres, Python, Airflow, DBT, Looker
What you’ll do 👀
- Design, implement and maintain highly performant data models within our Data Warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of the core structure with Looker (models, explores etc).
- Opportunity to work on data ingestion from a wide range of data sources.
- Work closely with all other parts of the data team and beyond to ensure all needs are catered for with our data platform.
- In short, the main point in ensuring MoonPay’s data is reliably and quickly available to everyone.
- As a senior member of the team you will be expected to take part in key decision making, as well as the mentorship and development of more junior members of the data team.
You should apply if
- Advanced SQL knowledge, with an understanding of writing performant queries.
- An understanding of data warehouse structure
- Extensive experience in data modelling at a project level, and how to run in an automated manner.
- Good understanding of python.
- Used to writing code to high software development standards.
- You are a champion of data quality and testing.
- Experience in working with a modern data warehouse e.g. BigQuery/Snowflake.
- Bonus points if you have experience with DBT, Apache Airflow, make open-source contributions or have experience in payments or FinTech.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
We are remote! 🌎 Whilst we love working with people from all over the world, right now we are focusing on growing in our key hiring hubs of UK, Spain 🇪🇸 , Portugal 🇵🇹 , Poland 🇵🇱 and the USA 🇺🇸 If you are based in any of these locations, please apply! Otherwise, we will have to keep your application on file for when we expand our teams to your location!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (20-30 minutes)
- Remote take-home task (role dependent)
- Final interview (1.5 - 2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪