We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart is looking to hire a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our team to bridge the gap between business problems (and questions) and the technology required to answer them. You will sit between our Data Engineering and Data Science teams to enable the organization to make data-driven decisions. You will build high quality, robust data models to be used across the company by both technical and non-technical stakeholders. We’re looking for a self-driven, strategic thinker with strong product and technical skills to build on Instacart’s Data Foundations.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Design, create and maintain analytics friendly datasets, broadly and easily consumable by technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Take part in cross functional scoping / design meetings and collaborate on infrastructure projects
- Apply software engineering best practices to analytics processes. (ex. DBT, Airflow)
- Establish best practices for data warehousing and pipelining
- Coach Data Scientists, Analysts, Software Engineers on data modelling best practices
- Work with Engineering and Data Science teams on pilot projects and “0 to 1” initiatives
- Serve as Data Model/Sources subject matter expert for your given org/domain
- Play the role of both Librarian and Editor of data in your domain
- 5+ Years experience working in an analytical or software role.
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Ability to write complex, efficient and eloquent SQL queries.
- Ability to write well structured and efficient Python code
- Passion for the organization and use of data to drive strategic product decisions
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Able to translate technical concepts to those with a variety of technical backgrounds.
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Experience with Airflow, DBT and Jinja
- Experience working with or as a Data Scientist or Analyst in eCommerce
- Experience with Snowflake (Querying and ELT optimizations)
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.