Senior Analytics Engineer at NJOY (Madison, WI)
NJOY is one of the largest independent vaping companies in the U.S. and a leader in the revolution against combustible cigarettes. With a clear mission to Make Smoking History, NJOY offers a range of electronic nicotine products for adult smokers and vapers looking for an alternative.
The brand was founded in 2006 and has continued to serve as a pioneer and thought leader in the vaping category. NJOY holds a contract with the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) to supply a standard research electronic cigarette for use in independent, government-funded clinical studies – a project with enormous potential in the United States and across the world.
You’re a talented Data Analyst who enjoys partnering with stakeholders to make highly impactful decisions using data and are energized by a data-driven culture here. You have an intuitive grasp of business problems and are comfortable writing version-controlled code. You thrive within a small team, and you actively seek out responsibility and ownership. The data team is responsible for the building, maintenance and reiteration of NJOY’s business intelligence tools. We work with production data, syndicated third party data, customer care data, digital attribution, supply chain and financial data – which is centralized in our data warehouse and fully interconnected and generally accessible via our BI tool. Our stack is rooted in AWS, and we’ve carefully engineered our setup to require minimal ETL maintenance. Our core data models are constantly advancing as our Accounts team iterates with speed, the company’s offerings grow, and we collect mission driven evidence in an evolving regulatory landscape.
- Partner with all departments at NJOY to make data-driven decisions critical to NJOY’s success
- Develop core analytic frameworks and data models that shape the way the company thinks
- Help us build and scale the analytics infrastructure and data feeds powering this work
- Design dashboards for recurring reporting functions and distribution, and frameworks accessible for self-service exploration
- Proactively inform and drive business improvements and product decisions
- Database management and ETL maintenance
- 3-5 years of experience as an analyst
- SQL & Python are required
- Experience working with Looker, AWS, Redshift, Snowflake and dbt
- A deep understanding of numbers and business drivers
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit code
- Demonstrated ability to balance many different types of analytics problems within a short period of time
- Clear communication of technical information
- Empathy with stakeholders
- Considerations and decision making in software development
- Experience with advanced analytic frameworks and data science
- Working knowledge of VBA
Why Work for NJOY?
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment with a best-in-class team, collaboratively driving toward our mission to Make Smoking History
- An unparalleled opportunity to make an impact
- A comprehensive and personalized orientation and 6-month onboarding program
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits for transit
- Competitive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and monthly wellness offerings
- 401k with robust employer-match
NJOY is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. NJOY is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, uniform service member, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, NJOY complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. NJOY is an e-verify employer.