At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, creative and enthusiastic Senior Analyst experienced in generating actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, and identifying areas of growth and optimization. The ideal candidate is also a natural problem-solver that enjoys working with large data sets and is proactive in exploring database tables and using data to make clear and convincing business cases. The analyst will play a crucial role in supporting our business by monitoring and identifying any trends and insights around our core KPIs, analyzing effectiveness of our AB tests, as well as identifying areas of optimization and growth by extracting insights through data exploration, modeling, testing and experimentation. In addition, this person will be expected to take ownership of projects to continually improve reporting quality through automation while also working cross-functionally to generate key insights, reports and analytics. The right candidate will have experience working across business and functional boundaries, partnering with internal clients to provide decision-making support through analytic insights. This is a great opportunity for an individual with significant business acumen that is interested in playing with the wealth of structured and unstructured data that is available within the car buying ecosystem. Curiosity and business intellect are a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead analytics projects to monitor business health, strategize towards business goals & uncover opportunities for increasing website traffic, engagement and conversion
- Utilize data concerning product, traffic, and our dealer network and interfacing with our marketing, sales, executive, SEO, and product teams
- Work closely with business owners to develop automated reports, dashboards & other technical solutions utilizing our data warehouse and other sources of data
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze data
- Translate complex data into actionable insights, identify areas of optimization and growth
- Visualize and synthesize your analytics work appropriately for both executive & technical audiences
- Effectively collaborate with data scientists, product managers, engineers, ad ops and sales teams across the organization
What You Need:
- Careful eye for detail, both high & low-level, with endless curiosity working with big & complex data sets
- Empathetic analyst that builds relationships with business partners to drive business forward with data insights
- Expert problem solver that is excited to take on challenges with a variety of complexities and can work autonomously
- Strong organization/time management skills with ability to multitask and and balance competing priorities
- Using SQL daily with strong fluency in efficient querying, transforming, building data from big-data environments like Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.
- Thoughtful visualizer in Tableau & Excel discover & communicate insights effectively with complex data sets
- Quick with Excel or spreadsheet tools to uncover and summarize findings for quick turnaround ad hoc requests
- Effective presentation & communication skills across diverse audiences up to executive level using tools found in the Google suite and/or Powerpoint
- 5+ years of analytical experience with expertise in Product & Traffic analytics
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related fields required, including Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
- Experience with using Amplitude, R, Python to solve business problems are a plus
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.