Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will be responsible for leading key analyses projects, reporting, and processes leading to insights that help drive Marketing decision making. This role is both data-driven and strategic, focused on improving paid media and web/owned channel efficiency through ongoing optimization and expanding measurement capabilities.The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in similar marketing analytics roles with strong technical and analytical abilities.
As a part of the Marketing Analytics team, the work you do will have high visibility across Marketing and other departments as it is used for data-driven decision making guiding marketing investments and strategy. The preferred locations for this position are: Atlanta, New York or San Francisco. Other remote locations will be considered.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead key exploratory analysis to understand new sources of data and new tools
- Develop new methods for analysis based on shifting media and web landscapes
- Own and build analytical tools and solutions addressing Marketing business needs and questions enabling better decisions by leadership
- Lead complex analytics requirements conversations, communicate with stakeholders to plan analysis approach, and guide key decisions
- Join paid and web data to create full funnel customer analytics across channels.
- Unify data and tell data stories using big data in new ways
- Translate complex business questions into sound data analysis using a hypothesis and solution process
- Develop analysis methodology, mine, and interpret data and offer recommendations and insight around specific questions
- Create new reporting and dashboards, data infrastructure, and queries to track key marketing metrics across multiple data sources leveraging SQL, R/Python and, Looker, Tableau, and other visualization tools; monitor for changes in trends, share insights and make recommendations
- Architect multi cell tests and test methodology for media performance studies and web testing
- Operate as a self-directed individual contributor and manage towards project timelines and dependencies.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in media and advertising analytics
- You are fluent in media technology, ad serving platforms, and marketing data systems
- You have expertise in reporting on media spend, efficiency, and optimization
- You have prior experience with eCommerce and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS) business models
- You have experience working with senior leadership and executives
- You have an ability to translate business objectives into measurable goals and KPIs
- You are able to translate technical data into a framework and language that internal clients can understand
- You are an expert working with SQL, R, and/or Python
- You are an expert at wrangling and transforming data
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have extensive experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
- You have expert knowledge of web analytics and user behavior analysis (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- You have prior experience reporting on web, owned, social, and Organic Search using analytical tools
- You have experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- You have experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), and presenting the data in a clear and concise manner
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (analytics, computer science, or mathematics a plus)
- 3-5 years experience in media analytics or advertising analytics preferred
- Experience in media reporting platforms like Campaign Manager, Facebook Ads, Search Ads 360 a plus
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.