Senior Analyst, Internal Controls and SOX Compliance at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced Senior Analyst of Internal Controls and SOX Compliance. Reporting to the VP of Internal Controls and SOX Compliance this person will fill a newly created role at the company as part of our public company readiness, helping to define robust controls and processes, implementing a control repository and establishing a best practice monitoring and review process to mitigate risk and ensure SOX compliance during the next phase of the company's rapid growth.
What you’ll work on:
- Designing and identifying key controls for processes that impact financial reporting for the company.
- Developing and implementing the company-wide repeatable process for both 302 and 404 assertions and reporting.
- Working in tandem with the internal audit group to design testing programs to ensure appropriate SOX assertions can be made.
- Supporting and creating SOX ready documentation including narratives, flow charts, control descriptions, etc.
- Supporting evaluation of third-party service providers for SOC reports.
- Reviewing for completeness and accuracy of reports and IPE.
- Supporting control definition and implementation for new products, processes and system implementations.
- Helping implement a SOX repository such as Auditboard, Workiva or similar systems.
- Reviewing, assessing, and evaluating reported control deficiencies, root causes, and planned corrective actions in conjunction with business process owners.
- Helping in the company wide training of business process owners and related functions with respect to internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Playing a key role in annual and semiannual risk assessment in coordination with the Internal Audit team.
- Working with internal and external auditors to coordinate audit controls testing and process walkthroughs to streamline impact on the business and align test results and yield efficiencies.
- Working closely with the IT Security and Compliance teams to ensure IT General Control and KYC/AML documentation and monitoring programs are consistent with SOX requirements.
- Preparing materials and presenting SOX compliance findings and assertions at Audit Committee meetings.
- Seeking to continuously improve the SOX program to become more efficient and effective through optimization and automation.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of experience, ideally with Big 4 and public company experience working on SOX compliance.
- CPA and CIA/CISA or equivalent required.
- Practical and deep knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and COSO.
- Previous experience implementing GRC and AuditBoard or similar tool a plus.
- Experience working in a rapid growth environment in financial services, payments or technology companies is a plus.
- An organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, and collaborative work style.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote