Senior Analyst, Global Payroll at Tanium (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Global Payroll to join the Global Payroll team and lead the payroll process in Tanium’s international countries. Tanium currently operates payroll across 15 countries for 2,000+ employees and growing. The ideal candidate is experienced in Global Payroll Operations and has a passion for innovative payroll solutions. This position will foster relationships with senior internal stakeholders by establishing and maintaining exceptional business relationships and working collaboratively with other organizational teams. The candidate is expected to participate in day-to-day payroll operations, support new and existing pay programs, supervise outsourced payroll processing vendors, and drive process standardization, automation, and improvement for payroll globally and ensure process efficiency. They will have a strong fundamental understanding of international payroll.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise the outsourced vendor processing of international (non-US) payroll.
- Compile payroll input files and provide these to the outsourced payroll vendor for processing.
- Review payroll output for accuracy, ensuring that all inputs have been correctly captured and processed.
- Assist with month end close activities such as payroll journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Respond to employee inquiries and serve as liaison between employee and third-party providers; educate employees on how to use the payroll portal and SuccessFactors employee self-service tools; address issues that fall outside the scope of self-service and queries that arise around hourly time tracking and overtime.
- Work cross-functionally with departments such HR, Recruiting, IT, Legal and Accounting to facilitate and improve payroll processes, including benefits and withholdings (e.g., leave of absence, employee benefits, pension, health insurance, etc.). Ensure best practices are being followed to eliminate errors.
- Review payroll reporting and ensure accurate and timely filings with appropriate government authorities.
- Assist with payroll related audits
- Provide ad-hoc support and services on special projects as needed.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 5 years of end-to-end payroll processing including companies with 1,000+ employees.
- CPP is not required but preferred.
- International payroll experience with Canada, EMEA and/or APAC.
- Systems: PwC Global Payroll, SAP SuccessFactors, NetSuite (or equivalent ERP) and Excel (pivot tables, lookups).
- Strong understanding of payroll processes and best practices.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Technical skills: Thorough knowledge of payroll-related state, legal, tax, and compliance requirements.
- Payroll accounting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Equity issues and how they relate to payroll reporting and tax (RSU, NQ, ISO)
- Knowledge of SOX compliance and considerations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed to interface and establish rapport with all levels of the organization including executive team members.
- A proactive, high-energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, and data driven organization.
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.