Senior Analyst, ERM, Issue Management at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Senior Analyst in the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team responsible for Issue Management you will support Circle’s business lines and control functions to effectively manage or remediate Issues. The goal of the Issue Management program is to identify, address, and resolve Issues (e.g. results from audits, state exams, internal assessments, and self-identified problems, etc.) across Circle. This role will support the execution of Circle’s centralized Issue management process including confirming new Issues, aiding the prioritization and root cause analyses carried out by Issue Owners, and ensuring adequate reporting on Issues’ status. This person will collaborate on producing and publishing recurring reporting related to Issues shared with Circle’s committees, senior leadership, business lines, and second line control functions as well as external parties such as regulators. In addition to Issues Management, you will assist in the execution of the Change Management Program by participating in the identification and management of all material changes at Circle. The right candidate will have a strong background in Issues management and / or Risk Management, root cause analysis, relationship building, risk identification, and the documentation of Issues and / or risks.
What you'll work on:
- Contribute to the development of the Issue Management Program.
- Assist in the development and delivery of Issue Management Program and tool training.
- Aid Circle teams in the identification of true Issues and then logging Issues in a central repository for adequate tracking.
- Educate and assist Circle teams in proper and adequate root cause analyses of Issues.
- Support the definition and documentation of effective remediation plans with Circle’s First and Second Lines of Defense teams - challenge plans and documentation to provide excellence in resolution and on-going remediation of Issues.
- Partner with Internal Audit to ensure proper integration of Audit findings as needed into the Issue Management Program.
- Leverage risk management and Issue management thought-leadership to drive Issue owners through the Issue Management process.
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders to influence Issue resolution as well as serve as point of contact supporting Issue identification.
- Contribute to the development and creation of consistent reporting of Issue status for Enterprise Risk Management team as well as for leadership in supported First and Second Lines of Defense teams.
- Review escalated concerns and provide assessments for appropriate prioritization and ownership.
- Participate as needed in the validation of Issue closure as a Second Line of Defense member.
- Participate in quality assurance control and oversight to ensure Circle’s Issue Management Program is executed according to internal standards and procedures.
- Cooperate in developing and evolving Issue Management best practices and documents - take pride in a culture of “fail fast” to iterate on improvements within the Issue Management process using periodic reviews and recommending updates to Issue management policies, processes, tools, and templates.
- Partner with the Governance, Risk and Compliance Technology manager to build out Issue Management in the Governance, Risk and Compliance tool (“GRC”).
- Collaborate with Change owners to guide them through Circle’s Change Management process.
- Escalate Issue and Change Management Program concerns to management in a timely manner.
- Contribute thought leadership to the Enterprise Risk Management Program, especially in regards to the integration of Issue and Change Management.
- Engage in projects and responsibilities, as assigned, that may be global in nature.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years working in risk, compliance management or audit at a financial services, payments, technology (growth), or consulting company preferred.
- Meaningful knowledge of risk management frameworks, including risk identification, root cause analysis, remediation planning, and reporting as well as use of Governance, Risk and Compliance tools (“GRC”).
- Experience planning and organizing cross-functional work, influencing teams, and managing stakeholder groups to drive complex, high-priority efforts through to completion.
- Strong analysis skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships across the organization and collaborate.
- Experience in embedding a risk and compliance culture in a rapidly expanding business environment, preferable technology or financial services.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote