Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for performing complex data analysis to support commercial strategy development and implementation. Implement efficient processes for gathering, modeling and evaluation of data. Make recommendations to influence key strategic business decisions and use creative thinking to support development of the long term regional strategy.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding and making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
- Performs routine and ad-hoc business analysis primarily in Microsoft Excel and QlikSense leveraging multiple disparate data sources.
- Combine internal data and competitive intel to provide recommendations about future footprint expansions. Supports development of comprehensive commercial market model to improve and streamline process.
- Generates presentations, reports, and dashboards that visually displays data in a way that makes insights from complex data understandable and useable for the audience.
- Works cross-functionally within the division to support opportunities to improve EVA.
- Accesses and retrieves information and data from various systems and reporting tools. Finds ways to automate the retrieval wherever possible.
- Participates in implementing the division’s strategic plan process and generating content for strategic business plans.
- Develops and implements consistent and repeatable data processes.
- Creates data tools for performing complex scenario and sensitivity analyses and long term simulations that can adapted to accommodate ever evolving business opportunities.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience.
- BA/BS Business Administration, Economics, Data Science or another quantitative field.
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Shows a high level of mathematical ability with the ability to apply a methodical and logical approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyses, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to make detailed presentations of financial analysis, including on projects and a variety of business problems to executive management
- Able to work equally well with quantitative and qualitative data sources to provide data-driven solutions
- Able to balance data analysis with data visualization
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel, ideally along with knowledge of data visualization tools (QlikSense, Power BI, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $77,500 - $115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans