Draper UT, Remote - USA
The Cloud Insights function at Pluralsight sits within the Cloud business unit and is tasked with the mission of informing the future direction of Pluralsight's cloud offering. Cloud Insights is responsible for delivering insights and strategic recommendations to support strategic planning processes and to drive smart decision making at the Cloud Leadership level.
The Senior Analyst, Cloud Strategy, reporting to the Director of Cloud Strategy is responsible for generating and analyzing market and business insights to guide the product and content strategy for the Cloud business unit. Performing industry and market analysis, monitoring competitive trends, product impact analysis and combining these with research data sets to identify growth areas and build better business cases will be key activities undertaken by this role.
- Analyzing available data to generate a deep understanding of the current and future states of the cloud and online training industries that goes beyond the numbers
- Identify emerging industry trends including content acquisition opportunities, competitive threats and business improvement opportunities.
- Support market segmentation and analysis, understand target segments and needs, identify emerging market segments, prepare market and solution forecasts
- Develop an understanding of our target markets - both b2c and b2b - and ensure that strategy analysis and recommendations are following a target and customer-centric approach
- Create leadership-ready presentations to inform stakeholders and senior leadership on the market landscape
- Contribute to the construction of strategic recommendations by documenting financial and operational metrics and articulating business outcome in terms of opportunity cost and return on investment (ROI)
- Qualify and quantify proposed initiative objectives with research backed market analysis
- Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team's thinking and facilitate alignment on key decisions among various stakeholders.
- Work closely with other Cloud Strategy team members to help the design of solutions that will take advantage of identified opportunities
- Partner closely with teams within the cloud business unit and across the company, including Research, Analytics, Product & Content, Finance and Operations, to identify trends and opportunities, gain required data and operational details, understand trade-off and timelines.
- 5+ years of experience in product strategy and operations roles
- Management consulting and Cloud \\ EdTech industry experience strongly preferred
- Highly logical with proven problem-solving abilities
- Mature, confident and proactive, with a collaborative and delivery focused style
- Must have a strong service mentality and bias to action
- Demonstrated ability to interpret in-depth analyses, uncover actionable insight and effectively communicate to the broader group.
- The ability to interact with senior level management combined with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets; Slides and/or PowerPoint.
- Deep understanding of SaaS growth levers, metrics and KPIs
- The Cloud Insights & Product Marketing team is armed with the market data and insights to inform strategic decision making
- "No surprises" - the Cloud leadership team is proactively aware of major moves in the industry and competitive landscape
- Implemented strategic initiatives have predicted market results, as per provided insights and analysis.