Senior Analyst, Catastrophe Risk Analytics at SageSure (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:16 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Insight Catastrophe Managers (ICM) is looking for a quantitatively focused, highly motivated individual with insurance industry experience. The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of catastrophe modeling and proven ability for building and managing analytical processes. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for helping ICM continue building out its capabilities in catastrophe modeling from standardizing processes to defining and creating portfolio presentations for clients.
What you'll be doing:
- Coordinate and conduct catastrophe modeling activities for the company and external clients
- Responsible for facilitating installation of new models and model versions in coordination with the software team
- Work with and mentor team members regarding RMS and AIR software platforms including database structures
- Clearly document assumptions and modeling parameters. Create validation controls and approve all modeled output
- Develop standardized presentation format for output to help convey model results to clients and internal users
- Educate groups internally on changes to catastrophe modeling software as new versions are released
- Assist with modeling for rate-making activities, product development, portfolio creation and sensitivity analysis
- Provide insights on data and guidance to clients on portfolio risk characteristics to support primary underwriting and reinsurance allocation activities
- Manage reporting deliverables for portfolio snapshots, risk metrics and expected financial performance
- Coordinate with software development team on specifications for development of risk analysis software
We're looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organization and project management skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge of Python, R, or similar data science programming languages
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, or Natural Sciences preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the re(insurance), finance, or insure-tech industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with catastrophe models, preferably with AIR or RMS models
Highly Preferred candidates also have:
- Working knowledge of HTTP methods (GET, POST, PUT) and basic understanding of XML and XSLT
- Advanced knowledge of computer programing languages, such as VBA, Python, R, or C#
- Advanced degree or working towards MBA or professional certificate (e.g., CFA, CPA, CPCU, CSCR)
Insight Catastrophe Managers (ICM) is a highly specialized software and analytics business that serves the Property & Casualty insurance industry. Since our founding in 2005, we have been helping clients modernize their approach to underwriting and portfolio management through sophisticated modeling and risk scoring technology.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with the drive to make significant contributions to our success. Our business model is to leverage revolutionary technology and sophisticated risk management practices to provide strategic information for our clients. If you are interested in the convergence of technology and insurance, highly motivated, and looking for an opportunity to shape an industry, we encourage you to apply. For more information about Insight, please visit www.icg360.com.
ICM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity, national origin or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
More Information on SageSure
SageSure operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Jersey City, NJ. SageSure was founded in 2006. It has 268 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 28 open jobs at SageSure, click here.
Read Full Job Description