Senior Analyst, Business Operations at GitHub (Remote)
We are looking to hire a Senior Analyst for our Strategic Finance & Business Operations team. The successful candidate will work with stakeholders across the business and be responsible for the definition, computation, and accuracy of key business metrics, especially ARR and consumption revenue. This role involves ownership of the core business metrics that are used for planning company-wide. Our ideal candidate is someone with substantial experience with managing large data sets and producing high quality reports suitable for executive consumption and to inform decision making.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to learn the inner workings of a SaaS business and how to use metrics to influence capital allocation and company strategy.
- Metric definition and production: Work with senior leadership and owners of each data source to define the principles and detailed calculations for core metrics for the business. Design calculation methodologies, ensure that production systems are pulling accurate data, and produce results for stakeholders at regular intervals
- Reporting and communication: Provide visibility and insight into key business metrics for business leaders as well as the broader team. Become the point person for the metrics that drive each business unit and functional group
- Analysis and insights: Develop a deep understanding of key business drivers. Conduct in-depth analyses to identify and drive financial and operational improvements for the business
- Work experience: 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably at a fast growing SaaS business
- Technical experience: Knowledge of SQL and business intelligence tools is a must have. Significant experience turning large data sets into sophisticated financial models.
- Business intuition: Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business
- Self starter mentality: Proactive thinker determined to build processes that scale where none exist. Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and lack of documentation
- Communication skills: Distill and simplify complex financial concepts for all audiences
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $73,500 to maximum $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.