Security Analyst at Sendwave (International Remittance) (Remote)
Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve — and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.
Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot — people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we’re pretty darn proud of that.
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
- Prioritize fearlessly.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
- Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It's to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn't work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
- Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won't work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
- Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
- You will help to build out and manage our MDM process. Deploying Permissions and Laptops automatically as part of the onboarding and off-boarding process. You will leverage MDM technology along with vulnerability management to automate the patching process and ensure that Vulnerabilities on the endpoint estate stay within risk appetite.
- You will Triage, investigate and mitigate security incidents with an on-call rotation.
- You will create alerts in the SIEM, automate responses to some alert types, and create dashboards.
- By keeping up to date with industry threat intel you will be able to ensure we are protected from current threat vectors and indicators of compromise.
- Working closely with the Head of Security to strengthen our usage of MDM (Mobile Device Management).
- Deploying the SIEM (Security Incident Event Management Platform) to all Sendwave Endpoints and tuning alerts
- Create XDR profiles and deploy the Endpoint protection to SendWave devices.
- 2 years of Security Analyst experience.
- Experience with Apple OSX
- Comfortable writing Regex searches and signatures.
- Experience with MDM (Mobile Device Management) solutions.
- Able to diagnose, Investigate and troubleshoot problems with OSX.
- Experience within a regulated space.
- Working knowledge of GDPR.
- Basic understanding of the NIST Pillars.
- Experience with Incident response.
- Ability to tune Endpoint protection profiles.
- Experience with SIEM (Security Incident Event management platform), comfortable writing SIEM searches quickly during an incident.
- Experience tuning Endpoint Protection
- Has worked with Vulnerability Management before, better if has experience automating using MDM(Mobile Device Management).
- Ability to write simple Regex for blocking phishing emails, or in SIEM searches.
- Are able to write automation workflows in python.
- Determined to find the root cause of a problem.
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, and require little day-to-day direction to be successful
- Are familiar with any of the communities we serve
- Competitive compensation and Equity
- Our company is 100% remote and has been since we were founded. Sendwave hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Recruiting team can help answer any questions about location as we move further into recruiting process. We are looking into hiring from the UK and Africa (Senegal and Kenya).
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country to country)
- 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.