As more companies move key parts of their business to the cloud, it's critical to ensure that data and information are secure. Two functions that play a key role are developers and security teams. To date, innovation has been focused on development teams – who can now do more, faster. The security teams are not able to keep up and that creates risk for the organization.
The oak9 platform analyzes infrastructure-as-code and builds security into cloud native applications so they are secure and compliant by design.
We are passionate about removing the friction between development and security so businesses can achieve velocity & agility without compromising on security.
We're looking for smart, motivated, and talented individuals to join our growing team. You will be an integral part of oak9’s success, and this is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a fast-paced environment with a team full of passionate, committed people who are excited to transform how security integrates into modern development.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team to reshape the security landscape. We are growing fast and are looking for talented individuals to help in our mission.
We are looking for a Security Analyst to join our team! This is a role for someone who is eager to implement and support security best practices, policies, standards, and guidance to ensure the safeguard of company data, infrastructure, and resources from internal and external threats. The ideal candidate has a security engineering background and has an understanding for security operations. You will support our internal team and play a critical role in creating an environment for oak9ers to be able to work efficiently.
- 2-6 years of experience in security and/or IT Support
- Technical troubleshooting and strong analytical skills
- Superb communication and customer service skills
- General knowledge of cybersecurity and security-related tools
- Exposure to the SOC2 audit process
In 30 days, you will...
- Get to know oak9! Learn about our systems, processes, people, and vision
- Become intimately familiar with cloud service provider offerings and security considerations associated with them
- Respond to oak9 requests for application, computer, and general technology support in a timely and professional manner with appropriate prioritization and follow-up
In 60 days, you will...
- Partner closely with HR to plan for new hire onboarding to ensure hardware and accounts are timely procured and configured
- Document requests to track time and costs involved with support activities to maintain a knowledge base of known issues and solutions
- Project Manage SOC2 audit process
In 90 days, you will...
- Implement and support security best practices, policies, standards, and guidance to ensure the safeguard of company data, infrastructure, and resources from internal and external threats
- Assemble and review security assessment and authorization documentation
- Support development of policies, strategies, and communications relative to cybersecurity
- Grow your career with oak9!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k plan + company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited vacation policy (2-week minimum!)
- Continuous Education Budget
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career development to pave your own path
- An exciting and fun startup environment
Wait! Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the stated “job qualifications”? Don’t let that be you and miss out on this opportunity! We want to encourage you to apply even if you may not think you are 100% of the way there right now. Don’t count yourself out! Give yourself a shot. We'll be in touch.
At this time, oak9 does not sponsor work visas.