Salesforce Business Systems Analyst at DAT
DAT is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. We have co-headquarters in Portland, OR and Denver, CO, and additional offices in MO, TX, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is seeking a full-time Business System Analyst, Salesforce to join our Business Applications team in Beaverton, Oregon.
The Salesforce Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is primarily responsible for understanding stakeholder needs and diving deep into the root cause or underlying issues the business is trying to address. BSAs are accountable for documenting and understanding requirements so they align with Salesforce best practices. BSAs work closely with the Salesforce Product Manager as well as the Salesforce development and administration teams to ensure that solutions meet our use cases and acceptance criteria.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with business stakeholders to gain an understanding of their domain, team vision, and needs
- Work with our business stakeholders to build out business requirements through stakeholder interviews
- A strong understanding of reviewing business requirements and ensuring that we are exploring and presenting the most relevant solution possible
- Create consumable user stories and work with delivery teams to ensure the work meets the acceptance criteria.
- Create current and to-be process flows documentation that visually express the design and development of a Salesforce solution
- Collaborate with QA to ensure our test cases align to acceptance criteria
- Create return of investment evaluations to aid in prioritizing and understanding each request of work across all stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate and assess current systems active in the DAT ecosystem and how we can utilize them to solve various business requests
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience in end to end implementation of Salesforce CRM itself as well as with different systems
- Experience facilitating, gather, documenting, and analyzing business input and requirements
- Experience understanding and translating business requirements for delivery teams
- Ability to use the Google suite as well as other project management tools to manage work
- A go-getter and can-do attitude with strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong belief in documentation and interpersonal skills
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)