Sales Strategy & Optimization Analyst at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
As the Sales Strategy & Optimization Analyst, you will support the strategy development and sales process enhancement for our Enterprise commercial teams. Initially you will be supporting the team in some of their process optimization, but our expectation is that you will quickly take ownership of projects of your own.
About the team:
Our Sales Operations teams sit at the center of the sales process, working to remove friction from the process our sales reps complete to bring a sale from lead to contract. They enable the end-to-end sales experience for all merchants in our high-growth payments business. We build and manage the tools and sales processes used by the largest sales force in the industry to facilitate ~20%+ y-o-y growth across our $4 bn revenue business. We sit at the centre of our commercial and functional teams to build the deal approval process in the complex and heavily regulated payments space and reduce the time to revenue for our payments for products and services.
The team operates on an agile methodology to optimize the sales process, rapidly enable process enhancements through our own team of CRM developers, and then report out on sales performance for both executives and sales leaders.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Sales teams and functional teams (e.g., Legal, Implementation) to define and improve the sales process, or the process each seller uses to move a potential customer through to sale
- Identify creative ways to implement the suggestions from the Sales and functional teams, and then work with the right people to put those changes into effect. For example, this role works very closely with our Salesforce developers to build improvements right into the tool that the sellers use to do their job
- Manage our ongoing programs and forums used to create collaboration around improvements in the process, such as our SLA program (agreements the Sales and functional teams make to each other about how long approvals will take) and our bi-weekly Pipeline reviews
- Build the materials and presentations used to train sellers on changes to the process or facilitate conversations across stakeholder groups
- Act as an ambassador for the Sales Operations organization with team members from across the organization, bringing a great attitude and a willingness to listen to suggestions
- Regularly updating internal stakeholders, including more senior members of the team on progress within your projects
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders around the business, particularly with Commercial teams to ensure strong sales engagement, and operational teams with a large role to play in the sales process
- Work closely with the Product, Engineering & Operations team to identify technical solutions to streamline the sales process, acting as the primary mechanism to translate commercial needs and feedback into tangible system enhancements
- Manage projects effectively. Create clear project plans, engage a full network of stakeholders across the organization, report on progress and leverage more junior members of the team for support
- Work with your team to drive innovation and put forward new growth ideas. Build business cases to seek funding as needed.
- Identify and track the KPIs best used to gauge process efficiency and diagnose issues. Deliver trackable improvements to key metrics in line with strategy.
- Build, maintain, and promote positive professional working relationships with senior leaders across various functions.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in sales enablement, revenue-facing roles, sales training, or sales support, and a demonstrated knowledge of best practices, methodologies, and technologies in each of these areas
- Measurable experience with having a positive impact on business outcomes, such as win rate, quota attainment, length of sales cycle, etc.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and propose innovative solutions
- Excellent organizational skills: able to coordinate across multiple projects and stay on top of details
- Proven ability as a Project Lead
- Commercially focused, with a desire to drive great outcomes for the business
- Strong analytical skills; able to translate targets into tangible process improvements
- Clear, proactive communicator (both written and verbal); able to listen and work well with others while being confident and assertive where required
- Ability to engage with more technical concepts and indirectly manage technical delivery teams
- Clearly demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong networks, both internally and externally
Added bonus if you have:
- Technical expertise in payments products or other highly regulated industries
- Technical experience with enterprise businesses in the US and/or UK
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- High exposure to senior stakeholders from across the Merchant organization
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.