Sales Strategy and Operations Associate, Free Trials at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:10 p.m. (CST) on Friday, April 15, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a generalist with a focus on our Free Trials program. The Free Trials program is the bedrock of sales at Verkada - we put our product in the customer’s hands so they can experience it for themselves, free of charge. We believe our value proposition speaks for itself once a customer tries out Verkada - a substantial portion of our revenue comes from customers who trialed our product in the past. The Free Trials program is a highly cross-functional program involving Sales, Product, Orders, Returns, Finance, and Supply Chain. Your job will be to work closely with these teams to drive initiatives across the program.
- Strategy: you will work to develop a roadmap for improving the Free Trials program and drive impact on the program’s P&L. You will be empowered to come up with creative ideas aimed at driving key value levers, such as increasing our conversion rate or reducing write-offs.
- Planning and analysis: you will pull ongoing and ad hoc reports and analyses for regular business reviews with the leadership team to evaluate the health of the program, measured against our KPIs. Your analysis will provide insights to inform business decisions.
- Systems and operations: you will identify improvements in current workflows and processes to improve the efficiency and visibility of the Free Trials program, and you will work with our developers to implement them in Salesforce and other platforms.
- Sales Enablement and support: you will work with our Sales Enablement team to build programming and content to help new hires get up to speed on our Trials Program as quickly as possible. You will also help seasoned reps manage their trials through ongoing support, including building reports and managing various trials-related requests.
- Since we're still in scrappy startup mode, there's a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today's problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel skills are a must - you will be working in Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis. SQL, Tableau, Looker, and Salesforce experience a plus.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, banking, corporate strategy, or business operations. Bachelors from a top school preferred.
- Previous Sales, Sales Operations, Strategy, or Supply Chain experience is a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description